After a Tragedy Strikes, Protect Your Rights
If you’ve lost a loved one in an accident with a big truck in Kentucky or West Virginia, nothing we say can give you all the comfort you deserve.
We offer our deepest condolences.
In addition to the emotional pain, losing someone important in your life also means a major financial loss. For that, the attorneys at Morgan, Collins, Yeast & Salyer would like to help.
You may have a claim for wrongful death in a truck accident. You could receive compensation for the loss of support, care and income from the person who died.
Money can’t replace your loved one, but a personal injury case can help you put your life back together and improve your financial future. A truck driver who was negligent shouldn’t be allowed to do any more damage to your family.
Our lawyers can help you recover what you and your family are owed. At Morgan, Collins, Yeast & Salyer, we bring Kentucky Courage™ and West Virginia Values to your case.
What Can I Get from a Wrongful Death Case after Truck Accident?
Big trucks are dangerous. That’s why their drivers are required to undergo special training and follow special rules.
But sometimes, truck drivers and trucking companies care more about getting there fast and making money than they do about other people’s safety. If they showed negligence, you have a case.
A lawsuit for wrongful death in a truck accident could bring compensation for any of these hardships:
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering before they died
- Medical costs the deceased person incurred from their injuries
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of the deceased person’s future income
- Loss of any potential inheritance
- The value of other services the deceased person provided
- Loss of care, guidance and nurturing from your loved one
- Loss of love and companionship
Let us take a look at what happened and study your legal options.
Proving Truck Driver Negligence
The most important part of your case is proving the truck driver’s behavior was negligent . If they were negligent, then they were liable for your losses.
To prove negligence, our attorneys track down:
- Truck driver log books, showing if he or she was driving too long without rest
- Evidence the truck driver was on the phone, texting or checking websites and social media while driving
- Whether the truck driver was obeying all traffic laws
- Whether the truck driver was driving recklessly for the weather and road conditions
- Signs that the truck had maintenance problems
- Signs that the driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Let Us Fight for You During this Difficult Time
You’re grieving. And you’re angry. How can you have someone taken away from you like this, so suddenly? When you suffer a tragic loss, life seems cruel.
We’re here to support you and fight for you, so you don’t have to cope alone.
The lawyers at Morgan, Collins, Yeast & Salyer treat you with respect and dignity. We know this is one of the hardest times of your life.
You and your family deserved better. Let’s pursue the maximum possible compensation for you.