Don’t Hesitate to Protect Your Rights
You were in a car accident. You got hurt. You think you’re going to get better, and insurance will cover all your medical treatment—or at least that’s what you hope.
Calling a lawyer seems like overkill. When do you really need to get an attorney for a car accident?
The answer: If you were injured, as soon as you can.
Even if you don’t think your accident was a major one.
The reason is that these situations can quickly get more complicated than you realize. You need to take steps now to protect your right to maximum compensation for your injuries. Working with a lawyer early on can be the best way to ensure you receive what you’re owed, and your life gets back to normal.
No matter when you hire a lawyer, you don’t pay an attorney’s fee until you win your personal injury claim.
When Kentuckians get hurt by the negligence of others, the lawyers at Morgan, Collins, Yeast & Salyer bring the Kentucky Courage™ needed to fight back. Below are seven reasons to get a lawyer right away.
7 Reasons to Contact a Lawyer Immediately after an Accident:
- Your expenses start immediately. Your medical bills start piling up on day one. A lawyer helps ensure you’re covered for all the medical treatment you need.
- You can’t trust insurance companies. Even if a claims adjuster seems friendly on the phone, the insurance company may be more worried about its finances than about you getting all the payment you deserve.
- Evidence, and people, disappear quickly. Believe it or not, sometimes the other driver becomes hard to find soon after an accident. If you have a lawyer early on, your lawyer can prevent that driver’s insurance company from refusing to help you.
- Your injury turns out more complicated than you thought. It’s not unusual to notice more pain in the days after an accident—or have complications from your injuries at a later time. Signing a settlement with an insurance company too soon without a lawyer’s guidance could leave you unable to get help for rising medical costs.
- You need to preserve your options in court. A lawyer can help you decide whether to take a settlement now, or take your case to court. And to file a personal injury claim, you must meet certain rules and deadlines.
- You can seek many different kinds of damages. You might be qualified to receive more than the cost of medical bills and your damaged car. A lawyer can help you get compensation for other damages, like pain and suffering, lost wages and even the loss of companionship if you’re the partner of the injured person.
- You pay no fee until you win compensation. You need to realize that it doesn’t cost you more just to get a lawyer on your claim sooner. Personal injury lawyers are paid from a percentage of the final settlement you receive. You don’t pay unless you win. If you have a lawyer, you might end up receiving more because your lawyer can negotiate a higher settlement.
Don’t Take Chances with Your Future
You can bet the insurance company will have lawyers. You deserve a lawyer on your side, too.
Don’t let insurance or the other driver shortchange you and leave you struggling to recover from your accident. Don’t shy away from getting everything you need to move on with your life.
The attorneys at Morgan, Collins, Yeast & Salyer make sure you get the protection you deserve under the law.
We’ll evaluate your case for FREE.